Inside Sales Specialist
We are actively recruiting for an Inside Sales Specialist position. We are seeking an accomplished salesperson who will be responsible for the sales of legal services. This position, The Inside Sales Specialist, is for top-notch salespeople who can sell legal services and cultivate new relationships in order to generate potential new client leads. Our Firm has a stellar reputation statewide for providing criminal defense legal services. Exceptional client service is of the utmost importance to us.
This is a high-level sales position that requires you to discuss realistic but expensive cost points with people whose lives have been turned upside down by the criminal legal system. As such, this position requires an enormous amount of empathy, maturity, and sensitivity as well as a high emotional IQ.
We believe sales is a service we do for our potential new clients to educate them and to help them think through their options as they make courageous and sometimes scary decisions about their future.
We believe in consultative selling where we help our potential new clients make sense of their situation, weigh their options and make important and sometimes painful decisions.
We really believe that, even if we decide not to accept the case, every potential new client should leave our office better off for having met with us.
We use the initial consultation as the beginning of a long-term relationship with our potential new clients. If you see yourself as a person with fire and ambition and are interested in a career that offers competitive benefits, loads of training and professional development to stay sharp, total transparency, and fuel for your soul (because we’re really and truly helping people!) then please apply.
The Client Inside Sales Specialist will conduct initial and follow-up consultations with prospective new clients (PNCs). PNCs who contact our firm are pre-screened by a staff member prior to the initial consultation.
The Client Inside Sales Specialist will:
- Collect more in-depth information about the PNC and the matters for which they are seeking the Firm’s assistance.
- Follow Firm policies and procedures, and training protocols, on how to communicate effectively with PNCs.
- Explore PNC’s legal issues, their concerns, and life pressures in order to determine if the PNC is a good “fit” for the Firm as well as to assure the PNC that the Firm will be able to assist them with their legal concerns.
- Show compassion to PNCs for their circumstances, legal hurdles, and concerns. Help PNCs understand the benefits of working with the Firm.
- Help PNCs understand the value of hiring the Firm in relation to the cost of legal services.
- Conduct regular Smile and Dial calls with former clients in order to determine if they have any additional legal issues that the Firm can assist with.
- Follow up with PNCs who chose not to retain the Firm’s services in order to find out what factors played a role in their decision not to retain the Firm.
- Provide weekly, quarterly and annual reports to the Firm Owner as directed.
- Monitor newly retained clients at prescribed periods to determine satisfaction levels and to report to staff/attorneys any client needs that remain unaddressed or that present as possible concerns.
- Assist staff in implementing the Firm’s client onboarding and exiting process.
- The selected candidate must be able to keep detailed records about the number of PNCs who come in for initial consultations, and the number who ultimately engage the firm using the Client Intake System.
- The Client Inside Sales Manager will also be responsible for staying in contact with PNCs who do not hire the firm during their initial consultation in order to keep the door open for the PNC to hire the firm when they are ready.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be confident, articulate, and diplomatic; yet willing to speak frankly to the PNC when needed and possess a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Must be able to get PNCs to the point of signing a legal services agreement with the Firm or committing to retain the services of the Firm. Getting the PNC to sign on the line that is dotted is of paramount importance. This job requires a “closer,” not a setup person.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed to achieve the Firm’s goals, which will, in turn, allow him/her to achieve their own personal and professional goals.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with iOS and Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in order to construct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports.
- Must be knowledgeable with technology, up to date apps to support your work, and learning new software.
- Must be able to construct systems and processes that will ensure higher show-up rates and closing rates with PNCs.
- Must be willing to invest in their own career and attend training and seminars.
- Skills and experience are required and valued: Personality, character, intelligence, and integrity will be paramount considerations.
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience selling high-end products like jewelry, cars, real estate, luxury apparel, insurance, or similar products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. While we don’t require a formal degree, we do require that the right candidate has a high degree of intelligence and emotional IQ, acumen and sophistication in order to build trusting relationships with PNCs in a short amount of time, which ultimately leads to the PNC retaining the Firm.
- Real-life experience and a few “battle scars” that resulted in real empathy and understanding of people and life problems are a plus.
Includes a base salary plus performance-based incentives giving a true stellar salesperson six-figure earning potential. Base salary will include a period of paid training that may include attendance at an out of state legal sales seminar upon successful completion of a 90-day probationary period.
Following the successful completion of the 90-day probationary period, full-time employment benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance coverage for employees only (paid 100% by the Firm) and participation in the Firm’s SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, which includes up to a 3% match of the employee’s salary by the Firm.
$100,000 plus earning potential