Legal Administrative Manager
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, highly organized, passionate, emotionally mature, and self-directed person who can take on a wide variety of responsibilities that bridge the roles of Office Manager and Paralegal.
This is a full-time position where you will have direct interaction with our clients and potential clients and provide legal and administrative support at the direction of the Law Office Administrator.
We are a small boutique criminal defense law firm that has been in business since 2010, with a sterling reputation for excellence in criminal defense. Owners and employees care deeply about the mission of the Firm and the Firm’s relationship with our clients.
Characteristics necessary for this position:
- The ideal candidate must be able to handle working with several different databases of information. If you are 100% confident in managing data and people, you are the right person for this job.
- Our office is fast-paced. You MUST be able to multi-task and think on your feet while making smart decisions, often under pressure. If you cannot, please do not apply.
- A positive, high-energy person. Our office does not tolerate toxic or negative attitudes. “Not my job” cannot be part of vocabulary or attitude.
- We are looking for a team player. Our office is a team environment; we have each other’s back. If you are a lone wolf, please don’t apply for this job.
- We are looking for someone who is able to convey a sense of empathy and caring in order to put clients at ease. This job requires compassion for people going through a very difficult time in their lives.
- Implementing, enforcing, improving, maintaining the firm’s policies and procedures
- Proactively provides feedback and data to the Law Office Administrator regarding staffing and office needs
- Arranges for back-up and provides back-up (if needed) when support employees are absent
- Assures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties
- Manage multiple firm-wide calendars in a case management system
- Act as a liaison between the firm and various government agencies and court personnel
- Draft legal documents, using our workflow and templating system
- Assist daily with prioritizing office and client-related tasks and deadlines
- Ensure client files are up to date and documented
- Oversee the discovery and court documents in the client portal
- Oversee the review and organization of the firm’s daily process
- A college degree or 10 years’ experience as an Administrative Manager in the legal field is required
- We require proficiency in the use of Mac computers – Please only apply to this position if you’re familiar with Macs
- 2+ years of legal experience is strongly preferred
- We require staff type at a minimum of 50 words per minute
- It’s essential to have real-world, hands-on experience managing group calendars and multiple schedules, especially resolving scheduling conflicts
- Self-starter, detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (must have a strong grasp on grammar, syntax, and vocabulary) – You may be asked for a writing sample
- Proficiency with Mac and MS Office applications and G-Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Assist in keeping the office stocked and clean
- Excellent references (yes, we do actually check!)
- Compensation will be determined based upon experience and background
- After 90 days of successful employment, the firm offers 100% paid medical insurance for the employee as well as enrollment in the Firm’s retirement plan